The Water Supply and Sewerage Association of the Czech Republic (SOVAK ČR) is a voluntary, non-profit organization in the field of water management and sewerage for the public sector. The association was established by the foundation charter concluded in Kutná Hora on 23 November 1989 and registered in Prague on 12 November 1992. At present SOVAK ČR is in the register of associations kept by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section L, inset 65878.
The executive bodies of SOVAK ČR are the General Assembly, the Board and the Supervisory Board. The executive body is the secretariat.
As of 1. 5. 2016 SOVAK ČR has 114 regular members and 133 members.
SOVAK ČR is a member of EurEau (European Federation of National Associations of Water Services) and co-operates with several significant national or international organizations.
Each year SOVAK ČR prepares a comprehensive Annual Bulletin with complete information about all its full and associate members, including their most important operational indicators. The Annual Bulletin also contains elementary statistical data about the supply of drinking water and discharge of waste waters in the Czech Republic, including a summary of the legal regulations, technical standards and directives and series of other important professional data. SOVAK ČR is mainly focused on the work of sections, commissions and committees in which dozens of well-qualified specialists prepare professional source materials for the Board or process statements for the central bodies or proposals for instructions.
The association also secures a variety of professional training sessions and seminars for its members throughout the year.
Since 1995, SOVAK ČR has been the organizer of the international water management exhibition VODOVODY–KANALIZACE which has become the largest and most important exhibition in the field of water supply and sewerage in the Czech Republic and also ranks amongst recognized events abroad. The exhibition provides an opportunity for producers of modern technology, products and services to meet with their operators and users, and is an important site for obtaining a comprehensive range of valuable information. At present the exhibition is held every two years.
- to Represent its members in negotiations with state bodies in matters which are in the common interest of its members (primarily related to the field of legislation, the technical normalization and to the creation of economic regulations),
- to Secure activity and services according to the requirements and interests of its members, particularly those of an informative, methodical, consultancy and educational character,
- to Co-operate with similar organizations at home and abroad,
- to Issue the professional magazine SOVAK for the use of its members,
- to Hold an industry exhibition,
- to Hold professional training sessions, courses and other educational events.